Late French Immersion Program (6-12)
DID YOU KNOW...
The Late French Immersion Program provides students with the opportunity to become highly functional in speaking, reading, writing, listening and communicating in French by the end of Grade 12. It is a program in which French is the language of instruction, beginning in Grade 6 and continuing through Grade 12.
We are hosting a Google Meeting to provide more information on our popular Late French Immersion Program. Please join us on:
Wednesday, May 5th at 7pm
CLICK HERE to join or contact us any time at 403-346-4397
Benefits of Learning French
Learning French offers students significant linguistic, academic and cognitive benefits. It opens doors to knowledge, communication, culture and travel, and gives graduates an edge in the global job market. It also provides the following benefits:
- strengthens English literacy skills
- develops listening and learning skills
- enhances problem-solving abilities
- increases cognitive abilities, making the student a more flexible and creative thinker
- provides graduates with more choices for advanced education and career options
- gives graduates a competitive edge in the job market anywhere in Canada and in many other countries
- broadens students' cultural life through access to literature, art, music and theatre in another language
- helps students to better understand the history, development and government of their country
- offers a gateway to national and international opportunities
- increases a student's feeling of self-esteem and pride
- makes learning a third or fourth language much easier
Red Deer Public French Immersion students have the opportunity to receive an internationally recognized language credentialing diploma. Language credentialing is a standardized assessment of language proficiency recognized internationally.
Benefits of Late French Immersion Program
- It is suitable for student who are open to the challenge of learning in a new language and willing to listen to, read and use French as much as possible.
- French Immersion begins with a period of concentration on French language development so students can achieve a strong foundation in French.
Is Late French Immersion right for my child?
Late French Immersion:
- allows students to enter the program in Grade 6
- is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of French and whose parents do not know French
- is suitable for student who are open to the challenge of learning in a new language and willing to listen to, read and use French as much as possible
Parents' commitment to the program and encouragement of positive attitudes towards learning and speaking French are important factors in student success.
Subject and language breakdown by grade
French Immersion begins with a period of concentration on French language development so that the students achieve a strong foundation in French on which to base their continued learning.
- Grades 6-8: French Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies are taught in French; all other subjects are taught in English
- The Alberta Education Programs of Study are the same for each subject, regardless of the language of instruction
- Students entering Grade 6 can register by CLICKING HERE
- Previous French experience is not required and parents do not need to know the language
Online French Homework Help from Voilà Learning
What? In partnership with several school boards in Canada, live french teachers provide Online Homework Help in French to thousands of students.
When? Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5 pm to 8pm.
For more information, please visit: VoilaLearning.com